About the position
From our very first pair of Plattan headphones, Zound has been built on design and it’s still at the heart of what we do today. Our multidisciplinary design team takes a human-centric approach and create products that relate to our consumers on an emotional level.
As an Interaction Designer at Zound you will conceptualise, define and deliver validated product concepts and UI's for our speaker and headphones portfolio across our three brands - Marshall, adidas and Urbanears. You will be part of the experienced, multidisciplinary design team where your input and guidance on the overall product design concept will be valued and expected.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a user-centric design approach. Someone who loves to solve problems. Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a solid understanding of the digital product design process. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will discuss and explain design options with many different stakeholders. It’s an advantage if you have some knowledge of usability factors in human computer interaction and are experienced in building interactive prototypes.
Roles & responsibilities
• Design interaction and feedback for buttons, sounds, displays, haptics and lights, as well as the interaction flow for various partner and service integrations.
• Build prototypes that emphasise and explain concepts or respond to product briefs.
• Ensure that the transition and interplay between hardware and software runs smoothly and consistently.
• Define and execute UI/UX principles for our products, product categories and brands.
• Collect, analyse and share user insights to ensure your teammates are informed and understand how these underpin the UI/UX requirements you have communicated for products you are working on.
• Plan design activities for your projects in collaboration with the design lead and PM.
Skills & experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree within design/human computer interaction or other related education
• Two years experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
• Knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver and relevant work tools
• Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working with interaction design for a fast-moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
A bit about Zound:
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall, Urbanears and adidas. Our mission is to create unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time.
Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009, launching a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. We are a fast-growing company with our products selling in more than +120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!