Creative Design Technologist
About the position
From our very first pair of Plattan headphones, Zound has been built on design and it’s still at the heart of what we do today. Our multidisciplinary design team takes a human-centric approach and create products that relate to our consumers on an emotional level.
As a Creative Design Technologist at Zound you will play a key part in developing world-class products with great function and design. The role is central to enabling the implementation of customer focused features and solutions across our portfolio. You will create alternative solutions for product concepts in the initial phase of our product development process. By combining electronics, acoustics, prototype software and hardware alternatives together you use the minimum amount of effort to test ideas and create early proof of concepts. These will help define the brief, features and specification requirements for the product. You will collaborate across functions and our supplier network to gather knowledge and answers to questions the project team has formulated together.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with deep understanding of ergonomics and human interaction. You have the ability to build and make 3D prototypes including electronics and acoustic components and to answer open questions about product and interaction concepts. You have a true passion for, and commitment to, design engineering and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are confident in your skills and enjoy sharing your knowledge.
Roles & responsibilities
In the position as Creative Design Technologist you will:
• develop creative mechanical and electronic solutions and functions for our products - always with great design intention and user experience.
• take ownership of design solutions in terms of manufacturing, assembly, materials and engineering.
• make prototypes and mockups validating mechanical and acoustic performance as well as design and UI/UX concepts.
• continuously contribute and develop concept ideas within the framework of the innovation process.
• ensure projects follow brief, design intention, cost, time to market etc. as well as creating product documentation and developing mechanical solutions for active projects.
• synchronise with our software team and software experts at our suppliers to understand possibilities and constraints.
• recommend alternative solutions for specific design elements.
Skills & experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Design Engineering, Industrial Design, product development or equivalent
• At least three years’ proven work experience within Design Engineering
• Experience in 3D CAD and DFM/DFA.
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to deliver results in a constantly changing environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to travel to China two to four times a year.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working with design engineering in a fast-moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
A bit about Zound:
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall, Urbanears and adidas. Our mission is to create unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time.
Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009, launching a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. We are a fast-growing company with our products selling in more than +120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!