Chief Legal Officer
About the position
A bit about us
At Zound, we’re focused on creating unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time. We have gone from strength to strength since hitting the market in 2008, launching iconic and award-winning products in +120 markets under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears.
About the role
We are now looking to hire a Chief Legal Officer to be part of our management team and have full responsibility for the legal department. As a Chief Legal Officer, you have a unique opportunity to make a real business impact at a global level for our distinctive brands. Legal innovation is a critical business enabler as we’re breaking new ground every day.
You will work cross all functions in the organization on a global basis and report to the CEO and you will have the opportunity to set the strategy and ambitions within your field.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
• Develop and drive the strategy for the legal department, securing a strong legal foundation for the whole business
• Build a team of legal experts with the right competences and skillsets
• Independently handle a large amount of legal matters with an international focus
• Provide business units with advice and counsel in the areas of licenses, sales & distribution agreements, consulting agreements, purchase agreements, competition law and litigation, IP protections, etc.
• Reviewing agreements and assisting with contract negotiations with partners and agencies, re-sellers and distributors etc.
• Monitoring and follow up on set agreements to ensure minimum risk for Zound in terms of compliance and legal commitments and exposure to warranties and indemnities etc.
• Member or the IP Steering Committee / IP Board
• Recommend preventive measures to better utilize the available business opportunities and reduce Zound’s exposure from a legal and financial perspective
• Procure legal services and monitor external lawyers handling cases. Coordinate all external legal contacts
• Ensure proper administration and maintenance of legal documentation such as storage of contracts, NDAs, etc.
• Reporting to CEO, you will be involved in special projects relating to the Group's operations
Further, you will be involved in and responsible for the development of Zound’s Legal Department, legal and compliance policies and work processes.
About you / Your background:
We’re looking for a highly dedicated and professional Chief Legal Officer specialized in intellectual property rights, licensing and commercial contractual law, preferably with specific experience in distribution, manufacturing, retail, logistics and other partnership agreements.
In your previous work you have demonstrated excellent negotiation skills and a profound understanding for the business. This position will require frequent contact with different departments and functions, as well as to our subsidiaries in China and US, hence it’s crucial you have the ability to communicate complex legal issues with non-lawyers.
· Highly skilled and professional individual with a law degree with excellent credentials from a Swedish university
· Between 5-8 years of experience of similar work as an in-house senior legal counsel for a corporation, preferably combined with previous years in a law firm
· Experience working with intellectual property rights
· Experience of reviewing and drafting complex commercial agreements
· International experience of working abroad is an advantage
· Driven, ambitious, well-organized and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
· Strong integrity with great communication and negotiation skills
· Collaborative mindset and ability to live Zound's core values
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in Business English. Good knowledge of other European languages or Chinese is an advantage. Also the position will include travel, mainly to our other offices, suppliers, and partners.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of being responsible for the legal department in a fast-moving technology and lifestyle organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We´re looking forward to your application!
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!