About the position
Design is at the heart of what we do. Every detail is thought through & intentional. Join the design team to be part of a group that makes concepts a reality.
As a Design Lead for adidas headphones Sports and Originals, your overall responsibility is to lead and support all design activities for the brand. You will provide the product manager with design insight for the portfolio strategy and creation of product briefs. You are responsible for driving the design vision for the brand and creating a yearly activity plan together with the product owner and brand director to deliver on that.
adidas headphones is anchored in human-centered design, with a focus on technology innovation, function and fit. We are determined to give athletes at every level the ultimate audio experience, in any field of play. The adidas Creator athlete is Never on Pause; whether on the street, the gym or everyday life, they are constantly moving forward both physically and in spirit. Sport is constant, and so are they.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a user-centered design approach. Proactive, self-motivated, and a solid understanding of the product design process. You also have great communication skills as you will mentor, inspire, and lead multidisciplinary teams.
Roles & responsibilities
• You are responsible for the creative product design guidelines / design directions including developing and defining the design DNA for the brand. Setting the framework for the conceptual work and portfolio solutions.
• You will support the product owner to create the strategic direction of the product portfolio including planning roadmap for the brand and the decisions for ongoing prioritization for projects and activities.
• You are responsible for communicating the DNA and design directions to Adidas stakeholders, capturing feedback and knowledge and integrating back into design solutions.
• You will seek to improve ways of working and collaboration on an ongoing basis.
• You will represent design in media events and launches, presenting products and design strategy internally and externally.
• You are responsible for the team’s design delivery being on time and in line with user, business, brand and assortment needs.
• Secure concepts are validated from a user, commercial, quality, functional, feasibility and cost perspective. Align the team with target groups, commercial priorities / user centric approach.
• Support the CDO in on-going design quality and development projects.
Skills & experience
• Have a relevant Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Design or Engineering
• Have +5 years working experience within the field of product design
• Experience in working with project management, design strategy, product development and implementation
• Have a wide knowledge of various manufacturing processes
• Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of leading the design intention for adidas headphones for a fast-moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
A bit about Zound:
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall, Urbanears and adidas. Our mission is to create unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time.
Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009, launching a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. We are a fast-growing company with our products selling in more than +120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!