About the position
Our packaging is not just a box we wrap our products in. It’s an important part of our brands’ experience – whether it’s Marshall, Urbanears or adidas. In fact, it’s so important to us that we have a whole department dedicated to making sure our products are well presented and well protected. Right now we are looking for an empowering manager to lead this team.
You will have exceptional leadership skills and can take our passionate packaging design team to the next level of productivity, motivation and inspiration so they can fulfil their creative potential.
The Packaging Manager’s main objective is to create clarity through great processes, structure & planning, as well as securing and allocating resources and continuously optimizing ways of working.
Together with the Project Management team, Product Managers and Chief Design Officer (CDO) you will sign off and develop time and resource plans on a long term basis as well as break down priorities for how to use the resources smartly within the team.
You have a passion for building strong teams and will be responsibile for managing direct reports. It will be your role to help them develop and deliver on their KPIs and create the best packaging for our products.
Main areas of responsibility
Secure Project Capabilities
• Plan projects and prioritise activities according to company ambition and timeline. Work with art directors and project managers to synchronize & prioritize so we can deliver the best product experience
• Make sure that resources are assigned to projects in the best possible way as well as looking ahead to make sure we have the right resources for future projects and budget goals.
Track and secure time plans
• Track time and resources used in each project, making sure goals and budget targets are met.
• Update CDO about on-going projects plans and challenges.
• Document knowledge and insights about lessons learnt to enable constant process improvements.
Manage & develop team members
• Lead and develop the team, both on an overall level and on an individual level.
• Define roles and responsibilities, objectives and KPI’s, salary and bonus for the team in collaboration with the CDO.
• Conduct annual employee dialogues with each team member to discuss development and achievements.
• Introduce and train new employees and consultants to the team.
• Take part in the recruitment process in collaboration with the Chief Design Officer.
• Plan team activities to boost team spirit and to live up to company values, vision and strategy.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant field
• 5+ year’s experience within project management, resource planning/allocation and leadership
• A solid understanding of the design process within product development
• A solid understanding of consumer products industry
• Be able to delegate and, if needed. be able to take the lead over multidisciplinary teams
• Be proactive and self-motivated
• Extensive experience of working with project management, design strategy, product development and implementation
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Does this sound like you? So, if you are up to the task of being responsible for a strong packaging design team within a fast growth company in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. Although, since it is a summer holiday we aim to get back to you in August.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!