About the position
A bit about us
Zound is the team behind the most exciting brands in audio electronics: Urbanears, Marshall and adidas. We design and develop headphones and speakers and we champion the human perspective in tech. Armed with a genuine passion for the things that resonate we challenge the status quo in our industry with a little bit of Zound magic.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Finance team with a passionate and qualified Accountant who will focus on accounts payable, payments, monthly closings and process improvements. Perhaps you are an AP accountant with strong debit/credit skills that want to take the next step? This is a role in the heart of Finance and with the right person onboard, there are also possibilities to take full accounting ownership of one of the Group’s subsidiaries.
A great opportunity to join a fast-growing and entrepreneurial company with a start-up mindset. We are a melting pot of competencies under one roof - from design to acoustics, sales to software technology, marketing to e-commerce and a lot more in between - and we all create magic together. It's this collective energy that creates our special Zound atmosphere.
• Be responsible for the accounts payable in the day to day and for payments to vendors, as well as being the owner of the invoice handling system.
• Take a big part in monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
• Be responsible accountant for one or two of the group’s subsidiaries.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of our annual audit process and providing high quality audit schedules and supporting documentation to our external auditors.
• Inter-company re-invoicing and reconciliations between entities ensuring that inter-company transactions are captured and recorded in all entities in a timely manner.
• Drive continuous improvement projects including development and implementation of systems and internal processes
• Work cross-functionally with other departments within the organisation
You will be working in a pair with another AP Accountant and report to our Group Finance Director. The finance function work closely together, as well as with other functions.
It's really important to be thorough and be organised to succeed in this role. You have an analytical mind, a proactive and pragmatic work style and a solution-oriented mindset combined with solid accounting skills and a can-do attitude. You love to work in teams with others and always looking to make an impact.
• Strong accounts payable skills with at least 3 years of experience in the field.
• Solid accounting skills, and basic knowledge of Swedish VAT.
• Experience from monthly closings is required.
• Experience from EU and UK VAT is a strong plus, as well as background from an international company.
• Experience in Medius Flow and Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
• Business/Finance university degree
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and in the end better experiences for our consumers. We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? So, if you like the sound of taking on the role as an Accountant with focus on AP for a dynamic company within technology and lifestyle, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
We are a global company with offices in Stockholm (HQ), New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Behind the scenes, we’re a team of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!