Mechanical Engineer 结构工程师
About the position
A bit about us
Zound is the powerhouse behind the most exciting brands in audio electronics: Urbanears, Marshall and adidas. We design and develop headphones and speakers and we champion the human perspective in tech. Armed with a genuine passion for the things that resonate we challenge the status quo in our industry with a little bit of Zound magic.
We are a global company with offices in Stockholm (HQ), New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Behind the scenes, we’re a team of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
The mechanical team is responsible for mechanical design and execution of our products for Marshall, Adidas and Urbanears.
The primary responsibility for this role is supporting ME and ID of our design team at site in Shenzhen and working with vendor’s engineer for product mechanical execution, making sure that the manufactured products meet the design intentions and reach high perceived quality. This will be done in collaboration with the rest of ID and ME team in Stockholm, the mechanical engineering team in Shenzhen and together with our ODMs and their sub suppliers. Target is to deliver a flawless product experience for the customers of our top brands.
What we’re looking for
Zound is now looking for a mechanical engineer to join our office in Shenzhen, China. We’re looking for a self-motivated person with a positive, flexible and pragmatic mindset. You’re used to take own initiatives and are always pushing for continuous improvements. At Zound Industries we are passionate and super dedicated about what we do - and we expect no less from you.
Roles & responsibilities
Skills & experience 技巧与经验
- Bachelor of engineering in mechanical design or above. 本科及以上学历，机械设计类相关专业。
- At least 8 years of working experience in mechanical design, at least 3 years for headphone or speake. 8年以上机构设计或相关工作经验，至少3年以上耳机或音箱类产品工作经验。
- Good knowledge of tooling design and fabrication process for metal and plastic. 了解塑胶和五金类模具的设计及制作工艺。
- Experience in the process of injection molding is important 有注塑模具成型经验者为佳。
- Familiar with software for mechanical design, e.g. ProE, autoCAD. 熟悉机械设计类软件，如ProE, Solidworks.
- Familiar with design process and project management. 熟悉设计流程和项目管理。
- Good personality and strong communication/negotiation skill. 良好的个人性格和很好的沟通和谈判技巧。
- Good teamwork with vendors and design team. 与工厂和设计团队有良好的团队合作精神。
- Self-driven and reliable; juggle a multitude of tasks some with very short notice. Non-prestigious and humble person who understands that running a fast-growing company. 自我驱动，值得信赖； 同时并行处理多项任务的能力；为人谦虚，适应高速成长企业环境
- Work under high pressure and frequently travel to contracted manufacture (in Guangdong). 能承受高压力的工作环境和频繁出差珠三角一带的合作工厂。
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; 书面及口头英语俱佳。
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
We encourage applications from all over the world. To enable transitioning from another country for a role at Zound, we offer re-location support. This support is tailored for each role but always includes visum application, local authority registration, and home finding service. Don's hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
We look forward to your application!
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!