Sustainable Design Lead (12 months)
About the position
Zound Industries and all our Brands have the targets to become a circular business with climate neutral products by 2030. We know there is a lot to do get there, and for this journey we need skilled people with a mission to make a change.
As a Sustainable Design Lead you are responsible for driving our design related product work in a direction towards impacting the environment as little as possible, while potentially also using it as a competitive advantage. You will be involved in development and design of new products concretely in projects, but you will also guide other members of the development teams to make conscious choices of materials and production processes. This means that you will both be embedded in teams with other members but also take an expert role in projects where you might not be directly involved.
We walk the talk both from an environmental and social perspective by reducing the number of materials and increasing the sustainability of existing ones. An amazing opportunity to join a fast paced and international environment where no two days are the same. This is a 12 month temporary employment, covering for a parental leave, starting in mid-November.
You will be part of the Experience Design Team reporting directly to the Design Director.
● Sustainable Design: being a team member and making concrete choices of materials, processes and other design decisions impacting overall sustainability including.
● Project work: Early research, ideation and concept work through to implementation.
● Sustainable materials development and implementation - in projects and R&D.
● Investigate and explore new materials in project portfolio’s whilst focusing on maintenance and securing components.
● Prolonged lifetime: design for repair and service together with Quality and Mechanical Engineers in projects and R&D in Shenzen.
● Report product sustainability data for sustainability communication for our products across our three brands, managing sustainability and strategy.
● Work together with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Compliance to find creative solutions and aligning our product strategy with our sustainability strategy.
● Coordinating status of sustainability projects: keeping track of status and inform stakeholders to ensure the rights things get done.
You have a strategic and collaborative mindset with a hands-on approach. You love to be part of an entrepreneurial atmosphere, you’re eager, curious and solution oriented and have great data-handling and information management skills. You will be working towards our goals of circularity and therefore we believe that you have worked with long-term sustainability goals, preferably within consumer electronics or within FMCG. This role requires a deep knowledge in technical and design matters, since it is directly related to advanced product development processes. You either have a master (or at least bachelor with longer experience) background in technology or design, with deep competence in sustainable design acquired from university and/or work experience. We also believe that you have several years of experience working in technical organizations.
Does this sound like you? So, if you are up to the task of continuing to drive our sustainability work for our products and designs and to be part of a fun and fast paced environment, then this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language. We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 260 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!