Head of Marketing Americas
About the position
At Zound we build audio products that put people first. In an industry that looks the same, we dare to be different and question the status-quo. Behind the scenes, we’re a band of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
Right now, we're looking for a Head of Marketing Americas to join our Brand Marketing team. In this role you will be responsible for the US marketing plan and ensuring brand consistency when executing global brand strategies. You will operate in a key role, cross functional through the organization with the brand and marketing team, sales team, trade marketing, consumer insight and other key stakeholders. You will be based in New York with ability to travel regularly to Sweden.
Establishing and building Zounds' portfolio of brands in US that is a a key market and to deliver on defined brand and business objectives. The Head of Marketing is responsible for local marketing strategy and plans, developing and implementing integrated brand communication in all relevant channels.
• Marketing plan development –together with sales/trade create a fully integrated sales and marketing plan that has a portfolio perspective and ensures local relevance while adhering to global brand strategy and guidelines.
• Manage US marketing team –currently 1 direct report.
• As part of the marketing plan, develop brand and marketing objectives as well as overall priorities for the market.
• Represent Brand Marketing as the global lead supporting the Pure Player Channel
• Ensure global brand consistency, impact and relevance when localising/adapting brand communication.
• Responsible for local marketing investment (in sync with brand teams and regional sales director).
• Support Global media manger with media strategy and implementation (owned, earned, shared and bought media).
• Own strategy and execution of PR, Influencer marketing and other brand activation in the market.
• Monitor brand health and performance and ensure development in line with defined brand objectives & KPI´s.
• Together with Sales Director drive local go-to-market strategies and implement activations to support the commercial calendar and drive sell-out in all relevant channels.
• Keep track of overall consumer & category trends and competitor activity as well as ensure key market insights. Define consumer insights and market research needs together with Consumer Insight Manager at ZoundHQ.
• Manage local agencies, recommend partners and negotiate agreements.
The ideal candidate has a holistic Brand Management approach – understanding the importance that communication, product assortment, pricing and distribution are aligned with overall global brand direction. Having a cooperative mind set aimed at strengthening Zounds' culture will be fundamental.
• 5-7 years consumer marketing experience with leading companies, where strong brand building is essential for business success. Experience in brand/or product marketing, PR, social media/influencer marketing.
• A proven track record of successfully executing global brand strategies in markets..
• Experience and/or strong interest in working with lifestyle brands and understanding of Zounds ambition to claim the lifestyle/tech position in the CE market
• Experience in consumer electronics, retail or work with fast moving consumer goods is a plus
• Excellent communication skills –written and verbal
• Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills, but with a hands on approach
• Strong business acumen and understanding
• University degree or equivalent in business/marketing.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
If you have a passion for marketing, lifestyle and audio and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
Esperanza Search are Global Executive Search specialists are retained on the assignment for Zound. Please contact for further information on the application. Sarah-Jayne Bennell, CEO & Contact Number -+44 (0) 7568072787 or Email -Sarah-Jayne@esperanzasearch.com
A bit about us
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 260 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!