Concept Development Manager
About the position
At Zound we build audio products that put people first. In an industry that looks the same, we dare to be different and question the status-quo. Behind the scenes, we’re a band of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
Right now, our Product and Innovation team are looking for a Concept Development Manager to focus on leading key concept development projects. You will work with multi-competence teams including designers, engineers, marketers and others to explore new opportunities for Marshall, adidas and Urbanears portfolios.
In this role you will need strong technical competence combined with creativity and structured leadership as well as the ability to work with innovation tools and methodologies including design thinking and product discovery.
You should be able to deal with uncertainty and with parallel hypothesis and questions while supporting the core team and stakeholders to align on the best concept to go forward with into product development to production.
As a Concept Development Manager you will
• Leading product discovery and concept phases, the early phases of our product development process. In this approach you will apply the balanced perspective of Business, Customer and Technology.
• Define process sprints, assign tasks to the different team members and define deliverables and deadlines.
• Plan, lead and follow up project activities and ensure that key data, project status and risks are updated and communicated to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
• You will also be responsible to hand over the winning concepts to the product development team.
• Organize training and coaching sessions to your colleagues to participate in concept development.
This position is located at our HQ in and you will report directly to the Director of Operations.
We believe that the right person for this role is a great collaborator with attention to details. You are a doer and always one step ahead. You like to get things done and you are always one step ahead. We also expect you to be enthusiastic, reliable and humble and keep the project team motivated.
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
• Experienced Project Leader with several years of experience from a similar position and are used to working with concept or product development (preferably in consumer electronics industry).
• You are also used to working with development partners in different regions around the globe and working in an international environment.
• You love to be part of an international and dynamic environment
• MSc in Engineering, Industrial, Product Design or equivalent
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for product development and project management and want to work in a growing and international company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!