Product Certification Manager
About the position
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brands adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. We are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
We are looking for a Product Certification Manager, to drive and continue develop our product compliance and certification processes. You will ensure Zounds products are compliant with global regulatory requirements regarding electrical safety, radio, EMC and battery safety. The role involves collaboration with Compliance engineer in our Shenzhen team, Chemical compliance manager & Sustainability team, Legal, product development projects and engineers at Zound and at our Contract manufacturers. Depending on experience or interest, the role may also involve Sustainability compliance, such as sustainability certifications, material declarations and supply chain development. The role is part of Zound’s Sustainability and Compliance team, where you'll be reporting to our Chief of Product & Innovation.
● Plan and ensure new products are tested and certified according to global requirements and standards together with Compliance engineer, Sales and distributors
● Monitor, inform and implement on new product certification requirements, including these from third parties
● Support product development to ensure products are designed to comply with requirements
● Explore and investigate new materials from a sustainability and compliance perspective
● Extended product lifetime: Assess new solutions as spare parts, repair, upgrade and recycle options in terms of sustainability and compliance, and provide and compile user information for this
● Product Sustainability data - contribute to improve sustainability information on products and processes
● Assess new products, technologies and batteries in terms of product safety
● Product lifecycle until EOL: Plan and execute new market introduction projects concerning certification and compliance & Secure documentation in PLM-system and continuously ensure the correct documents are available
● Manage potential product incidents
● Ensure Zound workplace is safe in terms of product safety in the product development
Product certification documentation
● Ensure critical information for certification is documented and shared in organisation as needed
● Manage deviations and suggest improvements
● Answer and provide necessary information to authorities, certification bodies and customers
● Develop the way of working internal and external at Zound in the certification and compliance area, such as set up of new processes, tools and software, when needed
● Train and support organisation in certification and product safety
Being pragmatic, having the ability to act and manage complex information and explain them simply are key attributes that are important to succeed in this role. We hope that you are keen to develop and improve compliance and certification activities and doing so independently. Having a cooperative mindset aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture and international setting will be fundamental.
● University degree in Engineering or Science, with several years of experience in compliance and certification for consumer products and product development, preferably with electrical products and battery safety.
● Electrical- and battery safety knowledge
● Sustainability work, suck as GRS & FSC certification, and recycled materials
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for compliance and sustainability and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you.
We look forward to your application!
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!