QA Engineer (Hardware)
About the position
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brands adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. We are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Hardware & Quality team with a QA Engineer who will focus on translating use cases into test requirements and define a test strategy together with our quality team in Shenzhen.
As a QA engineer at Zound Industries you will be part of a diverse and cross-functional development team. Sustainability is high up on the agenda at Zound Industries and you will have an important role in validating new materials and prolonging life time of our products as part of our sustainability strategy work. We believe that you inspire and guide your colleagues in questions and tasks related to QA and drive continuous improvement of our ways of working. Part of your responsibilities will also be to coordinate user testing of prototypes and pre-series and support the project team in planning and execution of a solid QA strategy. Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
Your responsibilities are listed as the following:
● Defining, developing and deploying quality assurance initiatives throughout the entire products life cycle, including development and maintenance
● Securing that lessons learned from previous development projects as well as production are taken into consideration in new development projects
● Collaboration in a cross-functional development team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed
● Updating and maintaining best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation and test automation
● Tracking of product quality metrics, providing reports and also communicate quality status for internal engineering reviews
● Actively drive for increased collaboration and efficiency towards our development organisation in Shenzhen, China
● Taking part in defining high level quality requirements, e.g life time etc.
● Always push for continuous improvements in ways of working and quality of our products
● Technical knowledge and understanding of electronics systems
● Presentation skills, ability to communicate technical knowledge
● Experience of working with outsourced manufacturing, preferably in Asia
● Knowledge of product development of consumer products
● Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedures
● Experience of Product Data Management
● Hands on experience in both manual and automated tests on embedded systems
● 5+ years of experience in the field of Quality Assurance and a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
If you have a passion for HW and Quality and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you.
We look forward to your application!
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!