Head of Acoustics
About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with a Team Leader for our Audio & Acoustics team!
As a Team Leader Audio & Acoustics at Zound Industries your main responsibility is to facilitate collaboration within the team and wider organisation, represent the audio and acoustic team at management level, with suppliers and license partners. Involve team members in the decision making process and step in and help out where necessary.
You will be leading the team in new and existing projects, securing and validating the acoustic and electronic design for our headphones and loudspeakers in concept development
● Continuously studying the latest technologies and solutions available on the market and performing technical competitor benchmark studies
● Support the project team in creation of prototypes in the concept stage
● Responsible for the creation of the acoustic requirements and specifications
● Actively drive for increased collaboration and efficiency towards our development organisation in Shenzhen, China
● Supporting our ODM partners throughout product development
● Collaborate with internal resources, interface with components and solutions suppliers.
● Always push for continuous improvements in way of working and audio solutions
The team consists of highly skilled and diverse audio & acoustics engineers and your role will be important in leading projects in areas like simulation, prototyping, testing and subjective evaluation to achieve the perfect sound for our products.
You're passionate about sound and audio, from a product and technology as well as listening experience perspective. We believe that your leadership traits consists of being strategic, having a hands-on approach and of course, an entrepreneurial spirit.
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
● Several years of relevant work experience in consumer audio product development
● Experience in audio electronics (e.g. amplifiers, DSP chipsets, etc.)
● Experience of requirement management and defining requirements towards external development partners, preferably in China
● leadership experience.
● Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedure
● Minimum bachelors degree in relevant field
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
If you have a passion for leadership and acoustics and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!