Marketing Manager China
About the position
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 260 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
Right now, we’re looking for a Marketing Manager China to drive marketing strategy, planning and execution in the China market for Zound’s brands, ensuring holistic brand experiences in all interaction points to effectively build the desired brand positions in our key target groups’ minds.
An amazing opportunity to join a fast paced and international environment where no two days are the same. This is a 12 month temporary employment, covering for a parental leave, starting in mid-September. We’re looking for the best hire and are open to discuss location for this position. Preferably you’re based at our HQ in Stockholm or London.
· Develop and execute overall marketing strategy according to brand and marketing objectives for all Zounds’ brands in the market
· Develop and implement integrated brand communication in all relevant channels
· Responsible for leading and managing local China Marketing team based in Shenzhen
· Ensure global brand consistency, impact and relevance when localising/adapting brand communication
· Responsible for local marketing investments according to brand and market priorities (in sync with brand teams and Regional Sales Manager)
· Support Global Media Manager with media strategy and implementation in China specific media channels (owned, earned, shared and bought media)
· Own strategy, execution and reporting of PR, Influencer marketing, China Organic SoMe channels and other brand activations in the market
· Monitor brand health and performance and ensure development in line with defined brand objectives & KPI´s
· Together with Regional Sales Manager drive local go-to-market strategies and implement activations to support the commercial calendar and drive sell-out in all relevant channels
· Keep track of overall consumer & category trends and competitor activity as well as ensure key market insights
· Define consumer insights and market research needs together with Consumer Insight Manager at Zound HQ
· Manage and maintain local agencies across PR, Media Buy, Social, as well as recommend partners and negotiate agreements
You will report to the Marketing Director Key Markets, with a dotted line to the China Regional Sales Manager and will work closely together with cross-functional teams such as Global Brand teams, Consumer Insights, China Sales and Trade marketing, as well as external partners and agencies and other key stakeholders.
You have a strategic and collaborative mindset with a hands-on approach. You love to be part of an entrepreneurial atmosphere and being able to have impact and influence. You are passionate about global brands and knowledgeable about the China Market with a proven track record of delivering results in this market. As this is also a cross-cultural role, you have strong bilingual communication skills and can work seamlessly between global teams in Stockholm as well as our China team in Shenzhen. You will need to manage and lead a team of 2-3 in our Shenzhen office who will support you from planning to execution and reporting. A holistic brand management approach is key for this role – understanding the importance that communication, product assortment, pricing and distribution are aligned with overall global brand direction. Furthermore, in-depth understanding of China’s digital ecosystem and channels is mandatory: including but not limited to experience working with WeChat, Weibo, RED, Douyin, Bilibili etc.
· Minimum 5+ years of consumer marketing experience where strong brand building was essential for business success
· Experience in brand/ marketing, PR, social media/influencer marketing in China, having worked on global brands is preferred
· A proven track record of successfully executing global brand strategies in China
· Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
· If you have a finger on the pulse of music, tech, entertainment, fashion, popular culture and you have a good network of lifestyle contacts and relationships in China, it is considered a huge benefit
· A degree in Communications, PR, Marketing, Business, or closely related field
Does this sound like you? So, if you are up to the task of growing our brands presence and sales in the China market and to be part of a fast paced environment this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re reviewing candidates continuously.
We're looking forward to your application!
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese (specifically for this role). You will also need to travel to China every 2-3 months for key launches, activations and planning. We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!