Head of Software & Platforms
About the position
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 260 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached SEK 2 billion.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product & Innovation team with a Head of Software & Platforms who will focus on leading our skilled software team and defining software & platform strategies and the vision for software development for our products when scaling.
An amazing opportunity to be part of truly exciting product journey within lifestyle and tech where you will make an impact. We are a fast growing and entrepreneurial global team, where everyone is super passionate about our beloved products, culture, brands & values. This is one of our absolute key roles in our journey ahead.
What you’ll do
● Define and execute on the Zound software strategy that supports our overall company vision and direction
● Build, guide and empower a highly skilled software team consisting of technical product managers, architects and engineers
● Lead and set clear requirements and guidelines to our 3rd party software development team and develop our strategy for how to continue with our development approach
● Establish a long-term strategy for platform selection together with cross functional teams and external leading industry partners
● Define and establish software strategies for our products
● Establish software development standards and processes along with best practices for efficient project execution and continuously evaluate methods
● Prepare lifecycle management process for the product software, incl. platform investigations, requirement analyze, development, design, evaluation and testing
Lead and set the model for co-operation with our Design department and their strong team of UX and service designers
You will report to the Product & Innovation Officer in the management team.
Who we’re looking for
A born leader with great people skills as you will work with many cross functional product and design teams and external partners. You have a strategic mindset with ability to set a clear vision and direction but not afraid of getting your hands dirty and work hands on. Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
Experiences & skills
● Several years of experience and a proven track record from working with complex software development
● Experience of defining vision and strategies for software, product, and platform development, preferably in a consumer facing industry
● Leadership experience and leading in-house and/or top tier 3rd party development partners as well as external customers. Familiar to set requirements to outsourced software development partners.
● Experiences from product development of iOS, Android and lower level firmware is a big plus
● Experience from leading teams that are working with agile methods, and a plus if also combined with more linear processes of hardware development
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
If you have a passion for software, leadership and product development and want to work for a fast scaling company, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!