Audio Systems Engineer
About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with an Audio Systems Engineer!
As an Audio Systems Engineer at Zound your main responsibility is to secure and validate the acoustic design for our headphones and speakers in the concept stage as well as working with the specialists within the electronics/acoustics team to define the required architecture to meet the audio requirements for a product.
You will work with simulations, prototyping, testing and subjective evaluations to achieve the perfect sound, in collaboration with our teams within industrial design, mechanical engineering, software/tech, and product management as well as external partners and factories.
Your main tasks as an Audio Systems Engineer will also be:
● Collaborate with internal resources, interface with components and solutions suppliers.
● Contributing to design and documentation of system level tests which verify proper integration.
● Prototyping, testing, audio tuning and calibration of under development products.
● Driving main acoustics/electronics components selection. (speaker drivers, microphones, Bluetooth chip, ANC chip, ...)
● System Engineer for the Audio Chain, with focus on Connectivity, EE and SW.
● Validating all aspects of the audio design though hands-on measurements and leveraging vendor resources.
● Tuning and optimizing the acoustic performance of products using a variety DSP tools.
● Overseeing the definition, design, and development of supplier collaborated and off the shelf audio systems.
● Driving objective and subjective performance assessments.
● Audio interest - genuinely passionate about sound and audio, from a product and technology as well as listening experience perspective
● Problem solver - Great problem solving skills, quickly see logical connections in situations and environments.
● Communicative - Conveys messages effectively and is proficient in presenting information orally and in writing
● Collaborative - Ability to cooperate with colleagues in a positive spirit, listens to others advice and shares own opinions and being a team player
● Entrepreneurial - Ability to progress in a constantly changing and uncertain working environment, having a proactive and pragmatic approach to challenges that arises and and quickly find new solutions to problems
● Value driven - Ability to live Zounds core values and strengthen our culture
● Motivation & attitude - Passionate about Zound’s journey, our products and brands, the role, and the situation we’re in
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
● Knowledge on Bluetooth Audio, Wifi Audio and Audio Compression technologies.
● Knowledge in product development for consumer electronics
● Digital Audio technologies like ANC, Spatial Audio, Room Correction and similar
● Bachelor or Master degree in acoustic engineering
● Programming skills, like DSP programming, BT Chipset frameworks, general embedded prototyping skills, building digital and software based audio systems.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for sound and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!