Audio & Acoustics Engineer
About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with a Audio & Acoustics Engineer!
As an Audio & Acoustics Engineer at Zound Industries your main responsibility is to secure and validate the acoustic and electronic design for our headphones and loudspeakers in concept development as well as supporting our ODM partners throughout product development.
You will be part of a highly skilled and diverse team of six audio & acoustics engineers and your role will include simulation, prototyping, testing and subjective evaluation to achieve the perfect sound for our products. You will collaborate with colleagues in industrial design, mechanical engineering, software and product management, as well as external partners.
● Evaluate and propose solutions considering cost, reliability, quality and time constraints
● Performing acoustic and electronic measurements and subjective evaluations in our lab and workshop
● Secure the electronic, digital signal processing and power management design in headset and speaker projects in collaboration with our electronics team and external partners
● Continuously studying the latest technologies and solutions available on the market and performing technical competitor benchmark studies
● Support the project team in creation of prototypes in the concept stage
● Clear reporting and communication of issues to the Audio & Acoustics team lead
● Prepare material for internal engineering review of acoustic system
● Actively drive for increased collaboration and efficiency towards our development organisation in Shenzhen, China
● Always push for continuous improvements in way of working and audio solutions
● Responsible for the creation of the acoustic requirements and specifications
● Review and approval of acoustic documentation and reports from suppliers
● Audio interest - genuinely passionate about sound and audio, from a product and technology as well as listening experience perspective
● Problem solver - Great problem solving skills, quickly see logical connections in situations and environments.
● Communicative - Conveys messages effectively and is proficient in presenting information orally and in writing
● Collaborative - Ability to cooperate with colleagues in a positive spirit, listens to others advice and shares own opinions and being a team player
● Entrepreneurial - Ability to progress in a constantly changing and uncertain working environment, having a proactive and pragmatic approach to challenges that arises and and quickly find new solutions to problems
● Value driven - Ability to live Zounds core values and strengthen our culture
● Motivation & attitude - Passionate about Zound’s journey, our products and brands, the role, and the situation we’re in
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
● Several years of relevant work experience in audio and acoustic engineering
● Experience in audio electronics (e.g. amplifiers, DSP chipsets, etc.)
● Experience of requirement management and defining requirements towards external development partners, preferably in China
● Knowledge in product development for consumer electronics
● Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedures
● Experience of Product Data Management
● Bachelor or Master degree in acoustic engineering
● Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for communications and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!