About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with a Mechanical Engineer!
As a Mechanical Engineer at Zound you are the interface between Zound and our ODM partners within the scope of mechanical engineering – securing and validating the mechanical design in the concept stage as well as supporting our ODM partners in the execution stage of projects.
You'll have a broad role ranging from advanced surface modelling to implementation of new technology contributing to a strong consumer experience with regards to acoustic performance, ergonomics, functionality, visual expression and sustainability.
You will be part of a highly skilled and diverse team of five mechanical engineers and you will actively drive for increased collaboration and efficiency towards our development organisation in Shenzhen, China and always push for continuous improvements in way of working and technical solutions.
● Evaluate and propose mechanical solutions considering cost, reliability, quality and time constraints
● Responsible for the creation of the RFQ 3D cad file, including A-surface handling
● Together with Quality team define test plan at start of project and follow up and report progress in project
● Review and approve DFA and DFM including mold flow analysis from suppliers
● Work closely with Industrial Design and Sourcing to find cost efficient engineering solutions to design intention
● Analyze test and production yield results and if needed change the design to reach targets
● Prepare material for internal engineering review of mechanical system
● Responsible for the creation of the mechanical specification and requirements
● Responsible for planning & building of prototypes to verify concepts and technical solution
● Clear reporting and communication of issues to Director of Hardware Engineering
● Able to travel to China
● Tech interest - Passionate about technology and staying updated on the latest trends within technology
● Problem solver - Great problem solving skills, quickly see logical connections in situations and environments
● Communicative - Conveys messages effectively and is proficient in presenting information orally and in writing
● Collaborative - Ability to cooperate with colleagues in a positive spirit, listens to others advice and shares own opinions and being a team player
● Entrepreneurial - Ability to progress in a constantly changing and uncertain working environment, having a proactive and pragmatic approach to challenges that arises and and quickly find new solutions to problems
● Value driven - Ability to live Zounds core values and strengthen our culture
● Motivation & attitude - Passionate about Zound’s journey, our products and brands, the role, and the situation we’re in
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
You probably have the following experiences & skills
● Experience of working with outsourced manufacturing
● Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering
● Knowledge of product development of consumer products
● Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedures
● Experience of Product Data Management
● Good knowledge CAD tools, 2D and 3D / SolidWorks
● Experience in designing and developing in plastics as well as basic knowledge of plastic tooling
● Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written.
● Workshop and 3D printer knowledge
● Technical knowledge and understanding of electronics systems
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for communications and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!