About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with an Electronics Engineer.
As an Electronics Engineer at Zound your main responsibility is to secure and validate the electronics design in the concept stage as well as supporting our ODM partners in the execution stage of projects.
You will be acting as an expert and advisor in several cross functional product development projects, be responsible for the creation of the electronics requirements and not to forget always push for continuous improvements in way of working and technical solutions.
You will stay updated on future technology trends having a sustainability and safety/regulatory perspective as well as supporting project team in decision making related to quality, time, cost and functionality.
● Evaluate and propose electronics solutions considering cost, reliability, quality and time constraints
● Secure the electronics, antenna and power management design in headset and speaker projects
● Being part of setting Zound’s electronics engineering strategy going forward, including platform implementation and reuse of solutions cross brands and products
● Actively drive for increased collaboration and efficiency towards our development organisation in Shenzhen, China
● Be part of battery group to set battery strategy securing safety
● Review and approval of electronics documents and reports from supplier
● Support the project team in creation of prototypes in the concept stage
● Clear reporting and communication of issues to Director of Hardware Engineering
● Prepare material for internal engineering review of electronics system
● Support cost reduction projects
● Able to travel to China
● Tech interest - Passionate about technology and staying updated on the latest trends within technology
● Problem solver - Great problem solving skills, quickly see logical connections in situations and environments
● Communicative - Conveys messages effectively and is proficient in presenting information orally and in writing
● Collaborative - Ability to cooperate with colleagues in a positive spirit, listens to others advice and shares own opinions and being a team player
● Entrepreneurial - Ability to progress in a constantly changing and uncertain working environment, having a proactive and pragmatic approach to challenges that arises and and quickly find new solutions to problems
● Value driven - Ability to live Zounds core values and strengthen our culture
● Motivation & attitude - Passionate about Zound’s journey, our products and brands, the role, and the situation we’re in
● 5+ years of relevant work experience as an electronics engineer
● MSc in electronics engineering or similiar
● Experience in audio electronics
● Experience of requirement management and defining requirements towards external development partners, preferably in China
● Knowledge of product development of consumer products
● Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedures
● Experience of Product Data Management
● Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for communications and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!