About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product & Innovation team with an Operations Director who will have the overall responsibility for our product development plan, develop our ways of working towards agile principles and lead our super skilled project management team.
Together with managers and teams within P&I and Design, you will challenge ways of working and collaborate on how to keep creating the future of Zound! You will be reporting to our Chief of Product & Innovation Officer and some of your tasks include:
● Lead and manage the Project Management team and supporting each and every member to grow and develop
● Overall responsibility for the product development planning and process
● Responsible of alignment on resource and over all project planning with the cross functional teams and managers both in Stockholm and in Shenzhen (China)
● Project reporting and escalations to management and being responsible for driving product decision meetings
● Planning and aligning budget for all projects, expenses and resources within P&I whilst collaborating with different departments
● Develop efficient ways of working with our key suppliers in China
● Constantly challenge and improve the ways we are working within all areas of product development, from initial concept phase until products are on the market, making sure we apply an agile approach - dare to try new things!
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental. A great leader at Zound empowers teams, is compassionate and communicative, humble and brave and focus on results and deliverables - together. To succeed in this role, we believe that you have extensive experience with agile project management, product discovery, resource allocation and management.
● Extensive 5+ years of project management experience and working with suppliers.
● Extensive 5+ years of experience of line management including personell responsibility, resource allocation and budget responsibility.
● Experience from product development from ideally both software and hardware.
● Experience in agile development methodologies and driving change - implementing new ways of working along these principles and cross multiple functions and teams
● Experience of consumer electronics and mass-produced products is a strong plus
● Post-secondary academic education is a requirement. Presumably a degree within Engineering at Master level
If you have a passion for product development and leadership and want to make an impact in a fast growing international company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We really look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!