Design and Development Manager - Packaging
About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Our fantastic Packaging team is now looking for a passionate and driven Design and Development Manager to join us. You'll be working with our cross-functional teams (Brand, Retail, Supply Chain, Compliance etc) as well as suppliers to ensure world class packaging solutions for all of Zound's brands (Marshall, adidas and Urbanears).
This is a 14 months temporary employment starting from mid June 2021.
The Design & Development Manager has the overall responsibility to manage the development of the packaging and related deliveries according to Zound Product Development Process. You will:
● Own and manage the packaging development from concept stage to first order produced.
● Develop the retail and transportation packaging in cooperation with suppliers.
● Technically own the packaging solution for the product making sure it meets the requirements when it comes to product protection, material choice, sustainability, branding, consumer needs, quality and cost.
● Establish and maintain packaging development timeline and planning in cooperation with Zound’s Technical Project Manager and suppliers in order to ensure project progression and completion.
● In parallel work on multiple projects in different phases of the development.
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental. We believe you have experience in briefing suppliers, technically challenge solutions and drive progress of the packaging projects. You seek efficiency and bring structure and clarity to the complex challenges that can occur along the packaging development journey.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing business and to be part of a strong company culture where we create magic together. We are super passionate and dedicated about what we do - and we expect nothing less from you.
● Solid experience in technical packaging development or packaging design of consumer products.
● Extensive knowledge in packaging materials and the related production and decoration processes.
● Project management experience within packaging or product development.
● Strong drive, ownership and focus on results.
● Master of Science in relevant field (Product Development, Material design or similar) or Bachelor/Master in Industrial Design.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for packaging development and project management and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!