About the position
At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved and remembered.
As an Interaction Designer at Zound you will conceptualise, define and deliver feature concepts and UI's for our speaker and headphones portfolio across our three brands - Marshall, adidas and Urbanears.
Your work will focus on the screen based interactions for our next generation of apps. You will be part of our multidisciplinary Experience Design Team, where your input and guidance on the overall product design concept will be valued and expected.
● Collaborate on the interaction design for our physical products and the digital features that come with those including the interaction flow for various partner and service integrations.
● Create both high level design concepts and detailed app user flows with a combined focus on functionality, scalability and appealing visual design.
● Build prototypes that emphasise and explain your concepts or respond to product briefs with consideration for the functional transition and interplay between hardware and software.
● Implement design solutions in collaboration with our software team and development partner and for both iOS and android.
● Help define and execute UI/UX principles and build a cohesive design system for our products and brands.
● Collaborate with our user insight team and design researcher to collect, analyse and share user insights to ensure your teammates are informed and understand how these underpin the UI/UX requirements you have communicated for products you are working on.
● Plan design activities for your projects in collaboration with the design manager and product managers.
We are looking for someone with a user-centric design approach. Someone who loves to solve problems. Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a solid understanding of the digital product design process.
You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will discuss and explain design options with many different stakeholders. It’s an advantage if you have some knowledge of usability factors in human computer interaction and are experienced in building interactive prototypes.
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
● Minimum bachelor’s degree within design/human computer interaction or other related education
● Minimum three years experience as an UI/UX Designer or similar role
● Knowledge of Adobe products; Sketch and Abstract (or similar); agile tools and methodologies; and other relevant work tools
● Experience in designing for interactive physical/digital products, or physical user settings in combination with digital touchpoints.
● Experience creating, evolving and working with design systems.
● Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written.
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and we welcome and value the addition of another languages too.
We aim to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and this leads to better experience for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? If you have a passion for communications and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
For the right candidate the position holds great professional challenges and career opportunities. If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We´re looking forward to your application!